Saturday, May 5, 2012
A few weeks ago we experienced some pretty powerful storms. It went
from loud thunder and lots of lightning to a severe storm so quick. We
live on the top floor of our complex so we didn't feel very safe. We
had our dinner cooking and we were just about to eat it and I was super
thirsty but I looked out our sliding glass door and could barely see
anything because it was raining so hard. All I could see was the blurry
distant trees furiously blowing in the wind. I grabbed Ruby and I said
"Jason, lets get out of here!" We ran out into the
hallway of the complex and it was pitch dark because the power had gone
off. Our neighbor was going down the stairs and I noticed she was
carrying something in her arms. I thought 'oh, she has a baby too'
until I realized, ' no, it's a cat'. Haha! So we ran for to our bottom
floor friends, the Olsens, and stayed with them until the storm blew
over. It was pretty crazy! We didn't realize there was any damage done
until we walked out the next morning to go to church. This is what we
found...A huge tree had fallen over and crushed someone's truck, more
trees fell over and crushed the poor shed. It was pretty bad. We
unfortunately were without power that night, all of Sunday and finally
it came back on Monday morning. We ended up having to throw away tons
of our food from the fridge. We drove around and noticed we were the
only people still without power. I think we have the tree to thank for
that one. Thanks tree. Don't you know having no power is no fun?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment